Kyvos Insights Delivers Major New Version of Big Data Analytics Solution for Hadoop
Newest Version of Kyvos Provides Enterprise-Grade Security, Performance and Scalability; Native Hadoop OLAP Solution Gives Business Users Instant Access to Powerful Insights
LOS GATOS, Calif. – June 22, 2016 – Kyvos Insights, a big data analytics company , today announced general availability of the next major version of Kyvos – a massively scalable, self-service analytics solution designed to make big data lakes ready for BI analysts. Building upon its native integration and support for the Hadoop platform, the new release incorporates enterprise-grade functionality to improve analysts access to the data lake, including advanced security support, improved performance and scalability, and integration with additional BI tools.
“Once you have all your data in the big data lake, the challenge lies in how your organization derives value from the data without sacrificing the security and performance of the analysis and results,” said Wayne Eckerson, founder and principal consultant at Eckerson Group. “Many companies turn to OLAP-on-Hadoop products once they discover that other approaches to big data analytics don’t work. The patent-pending solution from Kyvos Insights allows enterprises to create a BI consumption layer on their data lake, which enables business users to access and interact with their data in real time and perform their analysis more effectively at the speed-of-thought.”
With a Kyvos BI Consumption Layer directly on Hadoop, analysts can use their existing BI tools for multi-dimensional analytics at any scale, with no learning curve or programming required. Kyvos enables businesses to convert raw data into insights, leading to more meaningful customer understanding, targeted marketing, efficient operations and increased profitability.
Allowing more analysts to access the data lake means that access control and security are more important than ever before for the Hadoop ecosystem. The new version of Kyvos includes row- and column-level security for fine-grained access control, giving access to only those data fields that employees are authorized. It also provides companies integration with enterprise security infrastructures, so organizations are confident that their data is secure. The solution also supports all major Hadoop distributions including Apache Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks (HDP) and MapR, giving enterprise customers the flexibility to use Kyvos, independent of their Hadoop vendor.
Key new features of Kyvos 2.0 include:
- Row- and column-level security – Providing granular security down to the row and column level through the use of access controls, including support for strong authentication and single sign-on.
- Improved performance and scalability – Performance testing with Star Schema Benchmark data shows query times are on an average 100 times faster than native SQL queries on Hadoop.
- Zero footprint installation on Hadoop – Providing enterprises with the convenience and accessibility of compliance with any Hadoop infrastructure, with no changes required.
- Enhanced integration with cloud service providers, including expanded support for Amazon Web Services with the addition of the Simple Storage Service (S3) data source, which offers users a convenient, highly-scalable, reliable and low-latency data storage infrastructure. Kyvos is also available on Microsoft Azure HDInsight.
- Full integration to all major BI tools, including Business Objects, IBM Cognos, Microsoft Excel, Microstrategy, Tableau and TIBCO Spotfire.
- Custom visualization framework – Providing the ability to visualize data using custom graphics.
“The new version of Kyvos is even more enterprise-ready than before, giving organizations the security, performance and scalability they need for their big data projects. The Kyvos BI Consumption Layer makes access to the data lake seamless for business users,” said Ajay Anand, vice president of products at Kyvos Insights. “Kyvos 2.0 is truly changing the way business users can interact with big data by bringing self-service interactive analytics to Hadoop and giving users instant query response times so they can make decisions quickly to gain a competitive edge.
”Kyvos Insights will be demonstrating the capabilities of Kyvos 2.0 at the Hadoop Summit, taking place June 28-30 at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center in San Jose, California. To book a meeting with the company at the conference to learn more, visit: https://www.kyvosinsights.com/hadoop-summit-2016. Members of the media and analyst communities interested in meeting with the company at the conference should contact email@example.com.
About Kyvos Insights
Kyvos Insights is committed to unlocking the power of big data analytics with its unique “OLAP on Hadoop” technology. Backed by years of analytics expertise and a passion for big data, the company aims to revolutionize big data analytics by providing business users with the ability to visualize, explore and analyze big data interactively, working directly on Hadoop. Headquartered in Los Gatos, California, Kyvos Insights was formed by a team of veterans from Yahoo!, Impetus and Intellicus Technologies. The company has partnered with companies including Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR and Tableau. For more information, visit a www.kyvosinsights.com or connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn.